So since mason jars are so in right now I thought this would be a perfect dessert to share with all of you mason jar lovers. And this is also a great dessert for all the s’mores lovers out there. So consider this a double whammy!
Since most s’mores are made around a campfire, I feel like you could only have them once in a while, however with this recipe that will change. This is great combination of chocolate cake with a great cracker crust and of course, those delicious, gooey marshmallows on top.
The dessert itself is great but I love the whole presentation of this dessert. The mason jars really had a great decorative feature that you can use as a centerpiece at any party.
• 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 tablespoons melted butter
• prepared chocolate cake
• mini marshmallows
1. Preheat oven 350F. Grease inside of 500 mL mason jars.
2. Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter in a small bowl. Mix together until combined.
3. Place 2-3 tablespoons of graham cracker crumb mixture at the bottom of prepared jar.
4. Fill jar 3/4 full with chocolate cake batter.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
6. Once cake is baked, remove jars from oven and briefly set aside. Turn oven onto broil.
7. Top jars with mini marshmallows and place back into the oven for 60-90 seconds. Watch very carefully as marshmallows will brown quickly.
8. Remove jars from oven, and allow to cool. Serve while still warm.
9. Jars can be sealed with lid and kept refrigerated for 3-4 days.
Source: Cookies Cupcakes and Cardio