There is nothing like Rice Krispie treats to make you feel like a kid at heart. These treats are not only the perfect dessert to make with your child but they are also super delicious.
I have made Rice Krispies treats for many occasions. Always trying to personalize them to the certain occasion I am attending, so when I found this video tutorial I was pretty excited.
These Watermelon Rice Krispie Treats are excellent for any summer gathering. They will have the kids super confused but I know they will enjoy every bite.
For Watermelon Rind
4 cups mini marshmallows
3 T butter
4 cups Rice Krispies
Green gel food coloring
For Watermelon Center
5 cups mini marshmallows
3 T butter
5 cups Rice Krispies
Mini chocolate chips
Popsicle sticks (optional)
1. Melt 4 cups mini marshmallows and butter in microwave at 20s intervals, stirring between each heating. Mix in green gel food coloring until desired color is reached. Working quickly, fold in 4 cups of Rice Krispies.
2. Press firmly around the edge of two greased 8” round pan. Set aside.
3. Melt 5 cups mini marshmallows and butter in microwave at 20s intervals, stirring between each heating. Mix in red gel food coloring until desired color is reached. Working quickly, fold in 5 cups of Rice Krispies.
4. Press firmly around the edge of two greased 8” round pan. Set aside for 15 min to set – in fridge is even better!
5. Run a butter knife around edge of pan, then turn out onto a cutting board. Cut into 8 equal pieces, then insert popsicle sticks. Press in mini chocolate chips for “seeds.”