This is a great meal idea when you are strapped for time. But besides it being extremely easy to make it is also super creamy and rich.
There are a few variations but if you use the key ingredients, you will end up with a delicious pasta dish.
Makes about 2 servings
7 oz (200g) spaghetti
2 tbsp olive oil
2.5 oz (70g) bacon, cut in small pieces
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup (50g) Parmesan cheese
freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook the pasta to the al dente stage in salted water according to package instructions. Reserve some of the cooking water and drain the pasta.
2. In a frying pan heat oil and cook bacon until crisp.
3. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, cheese and pepper in a bowl and set aside.
4. Add pasta and stir. to coat well. Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly and add the egg and cheese mixture.
5. Stir to coat the pasta, add a splash of reserved water if necessary to obtain the desired consistency.
6. Serve immediately.