If you are in the mood for something refreshing in these cold months, than these Lemon Bars have your name all over them. These Lemon Bars have the most buttery shortbread crust, topped with a great tweak on this very flavorful lemon filling.
Besides these Lemon Bars being delicious, they are also very simple to make. The preparation time takes about 15 minutes. After tasting these Lemon Bars, they were the best 15 minutes that I ever spent 🙂
Makes about 20-24 bars
2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (100g) sugar
1/2 tsp (3g) salt
1 cup (226g) chilled unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
1 1/2 cup (300g) sugar
1/4 cup (32g) all-purpose flour
2 tbsp (12g) lemon zest, from about 4 medium lemons
2/3 cup (160g) lemon juice, from about 4 medium lemons
For sifting the top
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Grease with butter a 9 X 13 inches (23x33cm) baking pan. Line with parchment paper.
2. Prepare the crust. In a large bowl combine flour, sugar and salt. Add the butter and using a pastry blender or simply a fork cut in the butter until crumbles are formed.
3. Press the mixture onto the bottom and edges of the prepared baking pan using your fingers and back of a spoon. Bake for about 20 minutes until lightly golden brown. Set aside and let cool slightly.
4. Meanwhile prepare the filling. In a large bowl whisk the sugar with flour. Whisk in the eggs and add lemon zest and lemon juice.
5. Pour the lemon mixture over the prepared crust and bake for another 20 minutes until set.
6. Allow to cool completely at room temperature and if possible refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
7. Sift powdered sugar on top and cut into bars using a hot knife.
Source: Home Cooking Adventure