This S’mores Ice Cream Cake is beyond. You have a graham cracker crust, with chocolate ganache on top, then you have a thick layer of chocolate ice-cream, and topped with marshmallows. Now do you understand why I am in love with this cake?
I still do not know what I love more about this cake. Is it the chocolate ganache or the chocolate ice cream right on top. All I know is that I am so happy that this was created.
• 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
• ½ cup granulated sugar
• ¼ cup melted butter
• quartered graham crackers
• 1 ½ cups chocolate ganache
• 1 ½ litres chocolate ice cream (softened)
• 400 grams mini marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Mix until combined. Press into the bottom of a 9” springform pan.
3. Place pan into oven, and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely.
4. Pour ganache over top of cooled crust, and smooth with an offset spatula or knife. Place into freezer for 10-15 minutes to set.
5. Pour softened ice cream on top of set ganache. Smooth with offset spatula or knife. Allow ice cream to harden for at least 4-6 hours, or overnight.
6. When ready to serve, preheat oven broiler to high.
7. Remove 2 cups of marshmallows from the 400 grams and set aside. Using the remaining marshmallows, melt them in the microwave by heating for 60-90 seconds. Stir until smooth and no lumps remain. Immediately spread onto ice cream layer.
8. Top marshmallow cream layer with mini marshmallows and place under broiler for 45-60 seconds, or until golden brown. Watch carefully as the marshmallows will burn quickly!
9. Serve immediately, slicing with a hot knife.
10. Remaining cake pieces can be kept in the freezer in a sealed container, and are best consumed within 2-3 days.
Source: Cookies Cupcakes and Cardio