There are many ways to make your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, however this is probably this most unique, and in my opinion one of the easiest.
Everything is done in one skillet. Yes, I did say skillet. I’m sure at first you might find this a little odd but move away from that and just try it. You will end up with an amazing giant chocolate chip cookie.
Makes about 8 servings
1/2 cup (113g) butter
1/4 cup (50g) sugar
1/2 cup (100g) light brown sugar
1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups (190g) flour
3/4 tsp (4.5g) baking soda
1/2 tsp (3g) salt
1 cup (160g) chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C.). In a 9 -10 inch cast iron skillet melt butter over low heat.
2. Remove from heat and add sugar and light brown sugar. If necessary let it cool slightly before adding the egg.
3. Stir in egg and vanilla extract. Incorporate dry ingredients, salt, baking soda and flour.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips or chunks and spread the batter evenly in the skillet.
5. Bake for 20 minutes until slightly golden.
6. Serve warm with ice cream on top.
Source: Home Cooking Adventure