To me there is nothing more refreshing than a strawberry cake. If you enjoy a nice and refreshing strawberry cake during the summer time then this is the cake you need to make.
It is relatively easy to make. Actually making the cake itself is really easy. For me it was the decorating part that took longer than expected, however it is totally something anyone can do.
This cake, besides being delicious, is also so beautiful to look at. I love to see the redness of the strawberries with the whiteness of the buttercream. For some strange reason it reminds me of summer.
– 2/3 cup strawberry puree (about 1 1/3 c whole strawberries, fresh or frozen, thawed) (160mL)
– 3 cups All Purpose flour (360g)
– 2 teaspoon baking powder
– 2 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup milk (120mL)
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (5mL)
– 1 cup butter (salted or unsalted) (240g)
– 2 cups sugar (400g)
– 2 whole eggs
– 4 egg whites
– Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes.