Buying ice-cream from your local supermarket is a lot faster and easier to do. However, when making your own ice-cream you know what kind of ingredients you are using so you know you are only using fresh and natural ingredients.
Besides the ingredients, this Coconut and Mango Ice-Cream is also made with no ice-cream machine. So you will have quick, delicious refreshing ice-cream whenever you are in the mood.
23 oz (650g) mango puree (about 3 mangoes)
1 1/2 cups (360g) heavy cream (35% fat)
14 oz (397g) sweetened condensed milk
1 cup (240g) coconut cream
1 tsp (5g) coconut extract
1. Peel and dice the mangoes. Transfer into the bowl of a food processor and blend until puree is formed.
2. In a large bowl whip cream until stiff peaks are formed.
3. Add in the condensed milk,coconut cream and coconut extract and mix in gently with a spatula.
4. Pour ⅓ of coconut mixture in a 8 X 12 inch (20x30cm) container.
5. Pour ⅓ of mango puree.
6. Pour ⅓ of coconut mixture
7. Pour ⅓ of mango puree.
8. Pour the last ⅓ coconut mixture.
9. Pour the last ⅓ of mango puree.
10. Use a knife to create swirls.
11. Freeze for 6-8 hours or until set.
12. Before serving let it sit at room temperature for 10 minutes to get to the right consistency.
Source: Home Cooking Adventure