If you have girls then most likely they love Hello Kitty. My oldest daughter’s room looks like it threw up Hello Kitty LOL. At first I tried to contain it but there are fights that are just not worth fighting 🙂 So since I surrendered, I decided to join her in her love of Hello Kitty and make her these Hello Kitty marshmallow toppers.
Even I could not resist how cute they looked on cupcakes. It was really simple to do and I actually loved decorating the Hello Kitty marshmallow toppers. When they were finished I showed my daughter and she went nuts.
She loved them!
We spent the rest of the afternoon making more of these Hello Kitty marshmallow toppers and decorating them. Not only was it fun, but it was a great afternoon to spend with one of my favorite people 🙂
• 1/2 cup water
• 10 grams unflavoured gelatin
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 1/4 cup light corn syrup
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• gel pastes (pink, yellow, black)
• Hello Kitty Ice Cube Tray
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, pour 1/4 cup of water, and sprinkle the gelatin on top. Set aside.
2. In a medium sized sauce pan, over medium high heat combine sugar, remaining water, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a gentle boil, and allow to boil for one minute before removing from the heat.
3. Stir gelatin mixture briefly on low and slowly pour hot sugar down the side of the bowl. Turn mixture onto high speed for 10-12 minutes, or until marshmallow is white, light and fluffy.
4. Grease Hello Kitty mold with non-stick spray, and wipe briefly with a paper towel.
5. Working quickly, place marshmallow mixture into a piping bag, cut a portion of the tip off, and fill cavities of the mold. (if making regular marshmallows, simply dump marshmallow into a greased pan)
6. Place a greased piece of plastic wrap over top of the mold (or pan) and set aside to harden (6 hours or overnight).
7. Once solidified, gently coax out of the mold with icing sugar covered fingers.
8. To add details, use a small amount of yellow, pink and black gel paste to paint on the facial details.
9. Store in a sealed container for up to a week
Source: Cookies Cupcakes and Cardio