One of my guilty pleasures is Pizza Rolls. The kind that you get at the frozen aisle that are loaded with salt. I always feel so guilty after eating them. I guess I should tell you that most of the guilt comes from eating the entire box.
Now that I am able to make them myself I feel a little less guilty. The amount of sodium definitely decreases but the taste is still there. You will also be happy to know that just need a few amount of ingredients goes a long way.
30 Wonton Wrappers
1/2 cup of Tomato Puree
1 tsp of Pizza Seasoning
1/2 cup of Pepperoni
1/2 cup of Shredded Mozzarella
2 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil (might need a touch more)
1) In a small food processor, pulse the pepperoni until finely chopped, remove to a bowl and do the same thing with the mozzarella, set aside.
2) In a small bowl, mix together the tomato puree and pizza seasoning and set that aside as well.
3) When you’re ready to stuff them, place a wonton wrapper in front of you rotated kind like a diamond with one of the pointy edges closest to you (check video for reference).
4) Place 1/2 teaspoon of the sauce, followed by 1/2 teaspoon of pepperoni and 1/2 teaspoon of the mozzarella, wet your finger in some water and damp all the edges all around, fold the bottom corner in the center over the filling, then fold in the sides and fold over to seal (watch video for clear instructions), place them in a parchment lined baking sheet and pop them in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
5) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, brush the vegetable oil on both sides of the pizza rolls and bake them for about 8 minutes on each side (make sure you place your oven rack at the lower third in your oven) or until golden brown and crispy.
6) Place them on a paper towel lined plate and dig in!
Source: Laura in the Kitchen