Now that the Mirror Cake craze is over, what will take its place? I think this Velvet Textured cake might be it. Personally,I think it is just as cool as the mirror effect but definitely a lot easier.
This look will work great for any gathering and will get everyone talking. This is such a unique look that most people have not seen.
White Chocolate Cream Cheese Mousse Cake w/ Velvet Texture Spray
• 300 grams (10 ounces) white chocolate
• 300 grams (10 ounces) cream cheese
• 1 1/2 cups (350 millilitres) whipping cream
• 1 1/2 envelopes (0.5 grams, 3.5 ounces) unflavored gelatin
• 4 tablespoons (60 millilitres) cold water
• 3 tablespoons (45 millilitres) lemon juice
• Silikomart Vague Silicone Cake
• Cocoa butter velvet texture spray
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Place into the fridge until ready for the recipe.
2. Sprinkle gelatin on top of the water and stir to combine. Allow to bloom.
3. Cream cream cheese in bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
4. Melt white chocolate in the microwave on 50% power in 60 second bursts until melted. Pour into cream cheese and combine until smooth.
5. Heat lemon juice in the microwave for 30 seconds, and add to the gelatin. Stir until gelatin has dissolved. Pour juice into the chocolate mixture and mix until combined.
6. Mix in whipping cream carefully and pour into cake pan. Gently tap the cake pan on the counter to remove any air bubbles. Place into the freezer to freeze completely.
7. Once frozen, the texture spray can be applied. Shake the cake well before spraying and spray with even layers of light application. Continue spraying until desired thickness of velvet is reached.
8. To add elements to the cake, place dragees, sprinkles etc on top.
9. Serve when desired. Cake is best kept in a sealed container in the fridge and consumed within 2-3 days.
Source: Cookies Cupcakes and Cardio