I love Churros but I always thought that they were a pain to make. Fortunately, I found this video tutorial that shows the easiest way to make Churros. However, these are not your ordinary Churros. These are filled with your favorite type of chocolate.
Many people will fill it with Nutella, but if you are not a Nutella fan you can always melt some of your favorite chocolate. Either way, you will end up with an incredible dessert for any occasion.
1 cup water
2 teaspoons sugar, plus a pinch to sprinkle on the churros
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 cup of flour
Chocolate hazelnut spread
Oil for frying
1. In a saucepan, combine water, sugar and canola oil. Bring to a boil then remove from heat.
2. Add the flour and stir vigorously until mixture forms a smooth paste. (Make sure you beat out all bubbles.)
3. Add the eggs and stir until mixture becomes smooth.
4. Spoon the dough into a piping bag with a star-shaped tip. (really push the mixture down in the bag to eliminate air bubbles!)
5. Pipe strips onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in freezer for 45 minutes.
6. Heat oil in a large pot to 350˚F/180˚F.
7. Fry the churros until golden brown, then drain on paper towels.
8. Using a straw, poke a hole through each churro to create room for the filling.
9. Immediately sprinkle with a bit of cinnamon and sugar.
10. Spoon chocolate hazelnut spread into a piping bag, then pipe filling into churros.