This is the perfect time to make these Peach Crumble Muffins since peaches are in season. Now is the time to use those juicy, sweet peaches to make these incredible muffins.
I love how she uses real peaches in her batter. It adds such a great flavor and once you take your first bite you will know exactly where that flavor comes from.
Now if that wasn’t tasty enough, you also have a great crumb topping. Now who doesn’t love a delicious crumb topping?
Makes about 12-14 muffins
1 pound (450g), about 3 peaches, peeled and diced
1/2 cup (100g) packed brown sugar
2/3 cup (85g) all purpose flour
1/4 cup (60g) butter, melted
1 teaspoons (3g) cinnamon
1 stick (110g) butter, room temperature
2/3 cup (135g) sugar
1 tsp (4g) baking powder
1 tsp (6g) baking soda
1/4 tsp (2g) salt
1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
½ tsp (1g) cinnamon
1 3/4 cups (220g) all-purpose flour
1/3 cup (80g) sour cream
1/4 cup (60ml) milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350F (180C) and line a muffin pan with paper liners.
2. Prepare the crumble topping: In a bowl, combine sugar with flour and cinnamon. Add melted butter and stir with a fork to combine. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl mix flour with salt, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
4. In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar until creamy, light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, vanilla extract, sour cream, milk and mix to combine. Add flour mixture and mix until well incorporated.
5. Incorporate peaches with a rubber spatula.
6. Spoon batter evenly among liners, up to the top. Add a tablespoon of crumble on top of each muffin.
7. Bake for about 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Source: Home Cooking Adventure