During the fall season I can’t get enough of apple desserts. If I could, I would have them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I know this might seem a little extreme, which is what I used to think. But now that I saw these Apple French Toast Roll-Ups recipe, maybe I’m not the only one who feels this way. 🙂
These Apple French Toast Roll-Ups are super easy to make and super delicious. They will put a smile to the start of your day.
Makes 10-12 roll-ups
2 medium apples, peeled, cored and cut in small pieces
1/2 tsp (1.5g) cinnamon
2 tsp (10ml) lemon juice
3 tbsp (45ml) milk
10-12 toast bread slices
4 oz (120g) cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup (67g) sugar
1 tsp (3g) ground cinnamon
2 tbsp (28g) butter, for cooking
1. Place apple pieces, cinnamon and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Cook over low-heat for about 3 minutes, until apples start to soften. Transfer apples into a bowl and set aside to cool until ready to use.
2. In a bowl combine sugar with cinnamon and set aside. In another bowl beat eggs with milk and set aside.
3.Remove crust from each slice of bread and flatten using a rolling pin.
4. Spread cream cheese evenly on each slice of bread.
5. Add about 1-2 tsp of apples and roll up each slice.
6. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and melt about 1 tbsp of butter.
7.Dip each roll in egg mixture and cook on each side until golden brown. Cook 3-4 roll at a time. Clean the pan slightly with a paper towel and repeat until all rolls are cooked.
8. Roll into the sugar cinnamon mixture.
9. Serve warm and dip in maple syrup if desired.