My mouth was literally watering as I was watching this video. Everything about this Blooming’ Onion Bread recipe is wonderful.
This recipe is super easy and only takes few minutes to prepare. The hardest part to prepare this recipe will be cutting the bread but after that is finished you will end up with one of the best appetizers that you can serve to your guests.
Makes about 6-8 servings
1 pound (400-450 g) unsliced loaf bread
3.5 oz (100 g) Matured Cheddar Cheese , thinly sliced
3.5 oz (100g) Mozzarella Cheese, thinly sliced
1/3 cup (70 g) butter, melted
1/2 cup green onions, chopped (about 4-5 green onions)
2 tsp flax and sesame seeds, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F (180C).
2. Cut the bread lengthwise and widthwise without cutting all the way through the bottom crust. Place it on a foil lined baking sheet.
3. Combine chopped onions with butter and seeds if used.
4. Arrange cheese slices between the bread cuts.
5. Pour the butter-onion mixture into bread cracks.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Unwrap and bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and gooey.
Source: Home Cooking Adventure