It is the fall season so I feel like every weekend I am either baking an apple cake or pie, or I’m baking some kind of pumpkin pie. I really do not mind since I love these desserts, but when there is a chance for me to make something different, I always give it a try. And I think these mug pies are perfect because I can still make my favorite desserts but with a twist.
I had my doubt on how these pies where going to turn out but the moment I bit into one of these all my worries went away. I’ll admit that nothing tastes as good as the traditional apple, pumpkin, or pecan pie but they come really close in a lot less time and work 🙂
Microwave Pumpkin Pie in a Mug
2 small cookies, crushed into 2 tablespoons of crumbs (graham crackers, digestives, gingersnap cookies)
1/3 cup (3oz/85g) pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon milk
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice*
1 generous pinch of salt
½ tsp vanilla
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, egg, milk, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt until no lumps
2. In a microwavable mug add in your crushed cookies to the bottom.
3. Pour into your pumpkin pie mix on top
4. Microwave roughly 1 1/2 -2 minutes, checking every 30 seconds. The top may look slightly damp but it will set as it cools. Cooking time is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary.
5. Carefully remove the mug from the microwave. Let it stand for a couple minutes to cool. Serve with whipped cream and Enjoy otherwise place in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
Microwave Apple Crisp in a Mug
3 tbsp butter, melted
4 tbsp cup oats
2 tbsp chopped pecans
2 tbsp all purpose flour
2 tbsp brown sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon
⅛ tsp salt
1 small apples (about 1 cups chopped)
½ tbsp all purpose flour
½ tbsp brown sugar
1. In a small bowl stir in the oats, pecans, sugar, cinnamon, and the salt.
2. Stir in the melted butter to create the crisp topping.
3. Chop the apples small and toss them with the ½ tablespoon of flour, ½ tablespoon of the sugar, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon.
4. In a microwavable mug fill with the apple. You can fill up the mug because the apples cook down.
5. Spoon the crisp mixture over the top.
6. Microwave for 2- 2 ½ minutes. the apples should be bubbling and the whole thing will reduce in size. Cooking time is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary.
7. Carefully remove from the microwave and let stand until cool enough to eat. Be careful because it’s going to be really hot at first!
8. Enjoy warm with vanilla ice cream